Okay, here it goes. I'm admitting something unheard of in some teaching circles. HANDPRINT ART FREAKS ME OUT!
It doesn't really matter what it looks like. It doesn't even matter if it's my own child's handprint. IT FREAKS ME OUT.
However, I have recently seen a couple art projects using hands that I think are really cute. I thought that if you wanted to make a handmade gift for parents, and handprint art freaks you out too, you might appreciate these!
1. Penguins: This one is my favorite. I actually really like this one from Crafty Morning.
2. Snowmen: This one is really cute (because it doesn't use the whole hand! lol). She used a 4x4 canvas from Amazon for the fingers. You could also use tiles which might be cheaper. This is from First Grade Blue Skies.
3. Mitten: This one is adorable from Busy Bugs. I love how they painted the dough.
4. Picture Mittens: This one from Teach Me Mommy is really cute because it incorporates a picture.
5. Love Never Melts: I cannot for the life of me find the original source of this picture. I know, I know, it has the whole hand (I would probably just use the fingers), but the sentiment is very cute.